Saturday, May 23, 2009

Welcome Back Dave!

Wow -- I see it's been two months since I posted anything.  How lazy can a guy get.  I'll try to do better.  The last two months have been very busy, though.  Cindy has been gone a lot -- to Kosovo, southern Albania, and now wrapping up her second week in the U.S.  Three weeks of her five-week trip are work-related and the last two are "vacation."
She has 15 Albanian prosecutors and agents on the trip, along with the two Albanian lawyers/judges that work with her at the embassy.  The other American lawyer that works with Cindy at the embassy went over with them, but she is returning this weekend.  Cindy and the gang leave for New Orleans this morning.  They will spend a few days in New Orleans and then go to Jackson to finish out next week.  They leave to return to Albania next weekend.  
Cindy and I went to Istanbul over the May Day long weekend.  We stayed very close to the Blue Mosque, and walked around the old town quite a bit.  I'll post some pictures and write about Istanbul later.
I'm making pickles -- I just finished slicing 10 kg of cucumbers.  Pickle making is pretty light on labor except for the slicing part.  It's about a week and a half effort which involves about 8 hours of labor, counting the trip to find cucumbers to buy.  But I get tired of the slicing.  I'm planning on enlisting Taylor and her friends to see if I can get them to tie up the pickling spice in cheesecloth.  


1 comment:

Valena said...

I want to learn how to make pickles!!! Dad, want to show me when we're there?