Monday, October 19, 2009

London

As it stands now, I will be going to London on Nov. 1 for a week or so to have my eyes checked out, and have cataract surgery on my left eye if that's the proper step. I remember being there in April/May of 2008 and writing a lot on this blog -- I've sort of tapered off, if anyone has noticed. But trying to make plans to go has brought back some of those memories.


November no doubt is going to be wet and chilly/cold, don't know which yet. I got my airplane reservations made this morning, appointments confirmed, and now I'm looking for a hotel. The place I stayed before is 132 pounds a night, which will come out of our pockets this time. So I'm looking on the internet for a hotel that is cheaper. I don't know if London is still the most expensive city in the world, or by what measure, but I don't think there are any cheap hotels. I just want one close to a tube station in an area with places to eat. That's not asking for too much. The best deal i've found so far is a Radisson hotel for about 87 pounds/night. That's $142. So wish me luck.

The New Orleans-NY Giants game was on Armed Forces TV last night, so I watched the second half. My first football outing this season. I haven't watched any baseball. I'm not sure I'd know who any of the players are, the newer ones anyway.

So I'm going to post this, and maybe it will help me get back in the blogging spirit.

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Hooray! We've been waiting for you to start back up!