Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wednesday Entries







It is a very nice balmy morning here  in Tirana.  Temperature is 68, sun is shining.  I'm chained to the ethernet cable because I haven't been able to find a wireless router here.  So my big task for today is to order one on line, as well as some transformers and an air purifier/filter.  (It's extremely dusty here.)

I have been to enough stores and markets to know pretty much what is available here, so I'll be putting in a grocerystore.com type order.  No vanilla or almond extract seems to be available here.  The first biscotti I made I used some Amaretto I got from Mindy.  It was okay, but not stellar.

The top photo is St. John's Wood Park, and the camellia is also in the park.  Dale, do you know what it is?

The next  photos are of Oliver Cromwell, Richard Lionhart, 
Charles I, and Abe Lincoln.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Glad to hear things are settling down some. Cade and I are headed to Santiago, Chile today. Sunday to Easter Island. Then over the Andes by bus to Argentina. Don't cry for me.