Thursday, October 9, 2008

Busy Days

I see it has been two weeks since I posted anything! What have I been doing!

Simple. I've been busy. Chelsi West from Jackson arrived in Tirana on September 25. Cindy has written about her, our Fulbright student. I went to Athens September 26 to tour with Judge Barbour. We came back here the 29th and he left for Jackson October 3. Judge Barbour had agreed to do some work for Cindy, so we did some sightseeing in addition to his speaking to law students, judges, prosecutors, and I'm not sure who all else.

Then I found out I've been conditionally hired for the procurement manager position at the embassy, and I went to computer trainging yesterday and this morning, and will go tomorrow morning. I say conditionally because it has to be approved in DC, so other than this training, I won't go to work until they get that approval. That job should be interesting.

The weather has been great -- mostly in the low 70s or high 60s, and a rainy day interspersed with a few cool ones. It is so nice after the long summer. Tirana gets pretty dusty during the summer with no rain, and I guess a good bit of that has washed away to somewhere.

Chelsi moved into her apartment Sunday afternoon, so we're back to the three of us and one dog. Seems quiet but I miss our guests.

No comments: