Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Working

I am now gainfully employed.  I started working at the embassy yesterday as Procurement Manager.  I'm to oversee three Albanians who constituted the procurement department before my arrival.  I'm not exactly sure what I'm supervising, since they know what they're doing and I don't have a clue.  But I have been looking the computer program used to buy stuff, and most of the purchases are fairly straightforward -- it's the computer part, knowing what code to plug into what box, that has me a little confused.

They want me to go to a training class in DC, which I think is four weeks but may be five.  It starts January 22.  I have no idea what has to happen to be approved to go.  Certainly it won't be the middle of tourist season, and hopefully all the inaugural visitors will have left, so maybe it will be a quiet winter interlude.  Here's hoping I can still learn something.


2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Yay! Congrats!

Hippie Hotel said...

Just another government worker. That darn Bush administration. They'll hire anybody!!